There was no New Year’s break for Homer Electric Association crews, as warm weather soaked heavy snow loads and pushed trees onto lines across the peninsula.
The largest outage was a little after the ball drop Jan 1, with close to 500 homes affected around Knight Drive in Soldotna. That was followed almost immediately by an outage in Bings Landing area and Funny River Road affecting 226 HEA members.
Outages on New Year’s Day included:
• Otter Trail (Sterling)
• Longmere Lake area (Soldotna)
• Bowman Ave., off of Robinson Loop (Sterling)
• Feuding Lane (Sterling)
• Endicott Ave. off of K-Beach Road (Soldotna)
• Valley View Ave., off of Robinson Loop (Sterling)
• Funny River on Ansle Street off of Lake Road
To help residents view the extent of local outages, HEA has debuted an outage map, which they say will contain real-time data about power interruptions. Click here to view the outage map.