Troopers Believe Incident off of Skyline Dr to be Murder/Suicide

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 8:38 pm

On Tuesday, May 28th, at about 5:22pm, the Alaska State Troopers in Soldotna began investigating two persons, one male and one female, found deceased near the home of one of the persons.

Megan Peters with the Alaska State Troopers told is that initial indications are that these persons are known to one another, and this event appears to possibly be a domestic violence homicide, immediately followed by a suicide.

The Soldotna-based Alaska Bureau of Investigation has responded and will continue the investigation.

Next of kin have not been notified, pending identification of the deceased.

12 Comments to “Troopers Believe Incident off of Skyline Dr to be Murder/Suicide”

• Unknown says:

Please remove this. Very disrespectful to the family

• Unknown says:

It’s not disrespectful in the least. This is the news of the Kenai. The community deserves the right to know what is going on in our town.

• OJ Simpson says:

Yeah, people die every day. Just ask OJ.

• unknown says:

If it were your family you would feel the same way have a freaking heart! I grew up in that town ans know that there is little to talk about but when it comes to someone’s loved ones… Grow the f up and have a heart! The family of these people didn’t even know before it was posted all over fb!! Tell me that’s not wrong?!

• B says:

It’s tradgic and saddening. I don’t feel that it is disrespectful to inform the community sometimes it takes horrible events to humble our hearts and hold our loved ones a little tighter… I send my deepest condolences to the family and friends.

• Gail Balzer says:

My heart goes out to the families touched by this tragedy.

• Melissa says:

Please inform us how this is disrespectful?! I am sorry…but it is news!! If you really want to go into the disrespectful part of this tragedy we could do that…but I really figure that everyone affected by this is hurting enough. My deepest condolences to the family of the couple in the article. And to the woman who found the couple…may you find the strength somewhere to not let this haunt your day to day life and dreams.

• Bill and Samon says:

It doesn’t appear that either deceased or the precise location of that event was disclosed in the article, supra. What’s the problem?

• DC says:

It’s not disrespectful to inform the public about an issue as serious as this, your argument about the size of the town is irrelevant people in the area could actually sleep last night with the news breaking it was a murder/suicied vs. a killer on the loose obviously this is a terrible thing and my thoughts go out to the family but this is why we have news sorry to be blunt

• Yeah says:

I see nothing disrespectful in this whatsoever. There’s no names given, no exact location of the incident-nothing.

• DDG says:

Before radiokenai.com posted this, enough people out there in scanner land heard the calls, be it police, EMS or otherwise. The rumor mill started then. It will continue for weeks with “I heard this” or “did you know that so and so did that”. Point is all that rumor control, gossip, story telling and exaggerations are tempered by PIO (public information office) to release known facts that are releasable. Without this type of service, trust me, the peninsula would have heard all about the “I was there and saw” or “I know that this happened”. Responsible media coverage is an absolute necessity.

• Toni says:

This was an update on news that there had been a murder in town. People were freaking out that there could be a killer on the loose. This IS something that the community needed to know. They gave location of the area, not the exact mile point or address. They have not released the names or alleged names. There’s no disrespect intended.

Yes, it’s tragic, and love and support go out to the family(ies) involved, but the community needs to know it’s safe.