Think About It……. May 28, 2014
Today, let’s have a little discussion on Social Security. These are the historical facts.
Everyone must have a Social Security number. My first card was printed with “Not For Identification” but not anymore. The Congress removed that.
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security program and promised:
1) THAT participation in Social Security would be voluntary. It is no longer voluntary.
2) He promised that participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1400 of annual income into the Program. Now it’s 6.2% on the first $90,000.
3) He promised that money paid into Social Security was to be deducted from our income taxes each year. No longer tax deductible.
4) He promised that all the money deducted from our paychecks would all be put into a separate and independent “TRUST FUND” rather than into the general operating fund. Therefore, the money would be used only to fund the Social Security Retirement Fund and no other government programs. Under Lynden Johnson, a Democrat, the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent.
5) He promised that the annuity payments that all retirees received would never be taxed as income. Under Bill Clinton, a Democrat, up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed.
Now, since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month…..and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal Government to save for us….You may be interested in the following:
Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent “Trust Fund” and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it? It was Lyndon Johnson, a Democrat, and a House and Senate controlled by the Democrats.
Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security withholding? The Democratic Party.
Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities? The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the ‘tie-breaking” deciding vote.
Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to illegal immigrants? Jimmy Carter, a Democrat, and the Democratic Party. They gave the illegal aliens Social Security payments even though they never paid a dime into the program.
Now, Congress and the President claim that all the dollars Americans paid and are still paying into Social Security is theirs. They claim those dollars were really like a tax and they call it an entitlement. Now they want to reduce drastically reduce benefits to seniors and many want to take them away for good.
Those are the facts about the history of Social Security and the Democrats.
Think About It! John C. Davis 05-28-2014