Last Day For Tax Filing

Today (April 15th) marks the deadline to file your federal income taxes. In case you forgot, Joe Moore with Altman Rogers said there are some steps you can take…


Moore: “Get a application for automatic extension, Form 4868. Fill it out and send it in, it’s an automatic extension. If they owe tax, or think they’ll owe tax, they should make a payment with that extension. If they do, that will stop interest and penalties from accruing on the taxes owed, because it’s just an extension of time to file, not an extension of time to pay.”

Categories: News

About Author