Think About It…….. January 08, 2014
Everyone knows by now that our Congress and the Senate in Washington is totally out of control. Even the late night comedians joke about it. But it’s no joke. Worst of all the Congress and the Senate have voted themselves to a privileged status that motivates them to serve government instead of the American people.
This privileged status system is so ingrained now that if by chance new honest representatives were elected, they are prevented by the entrenched system of privilege, from serving the American people as the U S Constitution originally intended. We as Americans must restore the Congress and Senate to serve the American people. Listen to this proposal from one of our very smart listeners. It’s called the Congressional Reform Act of 2014:
1) No tenure/no pension. Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
2) Congress (past and present and future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to Social Security immediately making Congress participate, right along, with the American people.
3) Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all American do.
4) Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Their salaries will rise by the CPI or three percent.
5) Congress loses their current healthcare system and participates in the same health-care system as the American people are forced to.
6) Congress must equally abide by all of the laws they impose on the American people.
7) All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective the end of the year. The American people did not make this contract with members of Congress. Congressmen/women made all these contracts themselves.
Congressmen/women must learn that serving in Congress is an honor not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our legislators in this day and time should also serve their terms and then go back home and work.
What a great idea to fix Congress! But I wouldn’t hold my breath until it happens.
Think About It! John Davis 01-08-2014