The 2013 high school football season kicks-off on Saturday, August 10th with the annual Kenai Peninsula Football Jamboree set for Soldotna High School.
Teams from SoHi, Skyview, Kenai, and Seward will participate in the jamboree. Nikiski and Homer, for the first time in the jamboree’s history, have pulled-out of Saturday’s event.
Jumnior varsity scrimmages begin at 11:00 a.m.
Varsity scrimmages begin at 2:00 p.m.
Guidelines for football scrimmages:
Everyone plays everyone (5 total scrimmages)
20 total plays (10 offense/10 defense)
- Coaches will be allowed in the huddle and only on their side of the ball.
- Please do not warm up on the game field
- Do not film scrimmages that you are not a participant
- The ball will be set at the 40 yard line to start the scrimmage.
- A turnover by downs, fumble, and interception will result in the ball being placed back at the 40 yard line.
- NO BLITZING
- Teams can make first downs