Citronella Candle Believed to Have Caused Thursday Evening Cabin Fire

Posted: July 15, 2013 at 6:38 am

More details have been released following Thursday evening’s cabin fire off of Yukon Road in Kasilof.

We were reported on Thursday July 11th, just after 5:30pm, crews with the Alaska State Troopers along with Central Emergency Services responded to a fire off of Yukon Road in Kasilof. Yukon Road is located off of the Sterling Highway, just north of the highway’s junction with K-Beach Road in Kasilof.

Subsequent investigation revealed that the property owner identified as 69-year-old Curtis Garrett of Maryland was using a Citronella candle on the front porch of the cabin which later caught the structure on fire.

The front of the house was a total loss.  No foul play was suspected.

Comments are closed.