Citronella Candle Believed to Have Caused Thursday Evening Cabin Fire

More details have been released following Thursday evening’s cabin fire off of Yukon Road in Kasilof.

We were reported on Thursday July 11th, just after 5:30pm, crews with the Alaska State Troopers along with Central Emergency Services responded to a fire off of Yukon Road in Kasilof. Yukon Road is located off of the Sterling Highway, just north of the highway’s junction with K-Beach Road in Kasilof.

Subsequent investigation revealed that the property owner identified as 69-year-old Curtis Garrett of Maryland was using a Citronella candle on the front porch of the cabin which later caught the structure on fire.

The front of the house was a total loss.  No foul play was suspected.

Categories: News

About Author